Metroid Prime series developer Retro Studios is working on "a fantastic project" for the Wii U, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime revealed on the latest episode of GameTrailers TV.
When questioned by GTTV host Geoff Keighley about the first-party titles Nintendo had yet to announce for the new console, Fils-Aime promised that the company has more than enough platform-exclusive games waiting in the wings.
"I could get myself fired by breaking all of the news right here on your show," Fils-Aime said, "but rest assured, Mr. Miyamoto and the team at EAD are working on fantastic projects. Rest assured that Retro is working on a fantastic project. We've got big games in development that are coming and will continue to drive the install base of the system. All that's going to be there."
The Wii U currently has more than 50 games scheduled for its "launch window," a period reaching from the system's release on November 18th through the end of March. On launch day alone, 23 games will accompany the Wii U on store shelves, including first-party releases like New Super Mario Bros. U and Nintendo Land.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition