Assassin's Creed 3 will feature DLC that aims to address the game's weirdest narrative aspects, reports Eurogamer.
At the Eurogamer Expo, director Alex Hutchinson touched on the sometimes odd nature of the Assassin's Creed storyline and the upcoming DLC made to explain it.
"We know that not everyone will buy it," Hutchinson told Eurogamer. "So it's the 'what the f*ck' chunk of the story that, if you missed it, the next game will still make sense."
The game's animation director, Jonathan Cooper, added, "You'll never guess what it is."
Assassin's Creed 3 will also feature the franchise's first ever DLC season pass. Included content has not yet been announced. According to Hutchinson, the team is still undecided as to where to "draw in the line in various chunks" of the story.
"It's that early that we haven't decided," said Hutchinson. "And unlike some people we really don't start work on it until the game is finished. It's not on the disc."
Assassin's Creed 3 hits shelves on October 30th for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, followed by a PC and Wii U release in November.
- Want to pitch your indie game? Learn from the guy who's directing Star Wars VIII
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- Solving Silent Hills' playable trailer
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- FIFA to crack down on Ultimate Team cheating and coin-farming