The Secret World is on sale for $24.99, a 50 percent discount from its standard price, on developer Funcom's official site through the weekend, the company revealed today.
The dark, alternate-reality MMORPG had a rocky start following its late summer launch, with a large part of the development team being laid off and Funcom's former CEO investigated for insider trading. However, the game has become a "profitable operation," according to new CEO Ole Schreiner, and has been the subject of three fairly substantial, totally free content updates.
Folks who are hesitant to pull the trigger despite the halved price point can enlist in a free, three-day trial to see if it's their cup of tea.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)