Don't expect any new character announcements for Sony and Superbot Entertainment's crossover fighting game PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale for the game's launch. According to a Sony rep, the company has already revealed the game's "full launch lineup of characters."
To date, Sony and Superbot have confirmed 20 fighters will appear in the game, from Sony-owned properties and third-party publishers. Given the language used — "launch lineup" — it's possible that PlayStation All-Stars could introduce additional downloadable characters after the game ships in November. Sony hasn't officially announced post-launch downloadable content, a Sony rep told Polygon.
The full launch lineup for PlayStation All-Stars is as follows:
- Big Daddy (BioShock)
- Cole McGrath (Infamous)
- Colonel Radec (Killzone 2)
- Dante (DMC)
- Evil Cole (Infamous)
- Fat Princess
- Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
- Jak & Daxter
- Kratos (God of War)
- Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
- Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
- PaRappa the Rapper
- Raiden (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance)
- Ratchet & Clank
- Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet)
- Sir Daniel Fortesque (MediEvil)
- Sly Cooper
- Spike (Ape Escape)
- Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)
Sony still has plenty of PlayStation franchises to choose from for potential add-on characters, like Syphon Filter and Resistance, as well as characters from franchises already featured in PlayStation All-Stars.
PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale will be released for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita on November 20th in North America, then later in the week in Europe and Australia. Japan gets the game a bit earlier on November 8th.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer