Hitman: Absolution's Purist mode will make your life hell from the get go.
Hitman: Absolution's Purist Mode, a difficulty level that removes all HUD elements, including the number of bullets in a single clip, and disables Agent 47's Instinct abilities, will now be available for users "from the get go," according to IO Interactive community manager Nick Price.
Purist Mode was initially planned as an unlockable difficult level; However, Price states on the official Eidos forum that this is no longer the case.
"It seems voicing your concern helps from time to time. I've just heard back from the team that purist mode is now designed to be unlocked from the get go. Now, unless something critical happens, I feel confident that you can all get your butts handed to you from the first playthrough."
Hitman: Absolution is scheduled to release November 20th on PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. Check out our latest hands-on coverage of the title's Contracts mode from this year's PAX Prime.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Why the makers of Guacamelee decided to make a touch game about a one-armed woman
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- State of Decay's Lifeline DLC is just the start of Undead Labs' 'long-term ambitions'