Hitman: Absolution's Purist mode will make your life hell from the get go.
Hitman: Absolution's Purist Mode, a difficulty level that removes all HUD elements, including the number of bullets in a single clip, and disables Agent 47's Instinct abilities, will now be available for users "from the get go," according to IO Interactive community manager Nick Price.
Purist Mode was initially planned as an unlockable difficult level; However, Price states on the official Eidos forum that this is no longer the case.
"It seems voicing your concern helps from time to time. I've just heard back from the team that purist mode is now designed to be unlocked from the get go. Now, unless something critical happens, I feel confident that you can all get your butts handed to you from the first playthrough."
Hitman: Absolution is scheduled to release November 20th on PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. Check out our latest hands-on coverage of the title's Contracts mode from this year's PAX Prime.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer