The remake of Oddworld Inhabitants' original PlayStation title has been dubbed Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee New N' Tasty!, reports Eurogamer.
Oddworld founder Lorne Lanning and developer Stewart Gilray premiered the game at the Eurogamer Expo. Although Oddworld's level designs and puzzles will remain mostly the same, slight modifications have been made. The remake will also ditch the old game's screen scrolling and allow players to view more of the environment.
"It gives you a better perspective of the graphics so you can see more into that 3D world, and it also lets you see farther in front of you," said Gilray.
"In the original game you looked through a screen flip and it was like, ah! You run away or you're dead. You had to make your decision before you went through the screen flip in the original game. But with this, because you can see father in front of you, you can make that change in your gameplay there and then without having to go, I've died, I have to go back to the check point and re-do it," said Gilray.
Eurogamer has posted the full conference reveal, which includes a first look at gameplay. New N' Tasty! will launch in Fall of 2013 for Xbox Live Arcade, PC, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita.
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- There is a human inside this insane Metal Gear cosplay