In a match between two American Olympic basketball teams, who would come out on top: the 1992 Dream Team or the 2012 Olympic Squad? The answer is the Dream Team, according to a simulation run of NBA 2K13.
Ever since the announcement of the inclusion of the Dream Team in NBA 2K13 – an Olympic team widely considered to be one of the best ever selected and included the likes of Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Charles Barkley, and Karl Malone – athletes have speculated how today's basketball players would fair in a match-up against the 1992 Olympic gold medalists.
2K Sports decided to put the debate to rest by setting up two computer-controlled teams playing on Hall-of-Fame difficulty in full 12 minute quarters. The result? The Dream Team beating its 2012 competition 133-126.
Kotaku reports that while one argument may have been settled, the game's match-ups may be cause for further debate. It writes that 2012 player Chris Paul was paired against Magic Johnson – a player who is both significantly taller and heaver than Paul.
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deep Silver buys Homefront from Crytek, moves Homefront: The Revolution to new studio
- Deadpool's Hollywood screen test begins with Gwen Stefani, ends with a decapitated head
- Ex-Silicon Knights dev sentenced in child pornography case, charged with sexual assault
- NIS America to make its GaymerX payment 'in full,' conference founder apologizes