Sony UK boss Fergal Gara confirmed at the Eurogamer Expo today that the PlayStation Vita will receive a price cut in 2013, DigitalSpy reports.
Gara said that the price reduction will be coming next year but the precise date and amount is "still under discussion".
He told Eurogamer: "We always aim to establish price cuts. So the question is not so much if, but when. We won't have an across the board pricedown this Christmas. But what you will see us doing is work very hard with our retail partners to add value to the product to make it more compelling.
"We will be working that very hard over the coming weeks as more and more software arrives."
Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida previously said that the PlayStation Vita will not receive a price cut in 2012.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Really Horrible
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders