Sony UK boss Fergal Gara confirmed at the Eurogamer Expo today that the PlayStation Vita will receive a price cut in 2013, DigitalSpy reports.
Gara said that the price reduction will be coming next year but the precise date and amount is "still under discussion".
He told Eurogamer: "We always aim to establish price cuts. So the question is not so much if, but when. We won't have an across the board pricedown this Christmas. But what you will see us doing is work very hard with our retail partners to add value to the product to make it more compelling.
"We will be working that very hard over the coming weeks as more and more software arrives."
Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida previously said that the PlayStation Vita will not receive a price cut in 2012.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart