Sony UK boss Fergal Gara confirmed at the Eurogamer Expo today that the PlayStation Vita will receive a price cut in 2013, DigitalSpy reports.
Gara said that the price reduction will be coming next year but the precise date and amount is "still under discussion".
He told Eurogamer: "We always aim to establish price cuts. So the question is not so much if, but when. We won't have an across the board pricedown this Christmas. But what you will see us doing is work very hard with our retail partners to add value to the product to make it more compelling.
"We will be working that very hard over the coming weeks as more and more software arrives."
Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida previously said that the PlayStation Vita will not receive a price cut in 2012.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Which wiki?
- Getting a PS4