Sony UK boss Fergal Gara confirmed at the Eurogamer Expo today that the PlayStation Vita will receive a price cut in 2013, DigitalSpy reports.
Gara said that the price reduction will be coming next year but the precise date and amount is "still under discussion".
He told Eurogamer: "We always aim to establish price cuts. So the question is not so much if, but when. We won't have an across the board pricedown this Christmas. But what you will see us doing is work very hard with our retail partners to add value to the product to make it more compelling.
"We will be working that very hard over the coming weeks as more and more software arrives."
Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida previously said that the PlayStation Vita will not receive a price cut in 2012.
More from Polygon
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?