Dead Space 3 will feature hundreds of hours of gameplay thanks to its exploration and weapons crafting system.
Dead Space 3 will offer hundreds of hours worth of gameplay thanks to the depth of the environments and the complex in-game weapon crafting system, associate producer Yara Khoury told AusGamers.
According to Khoury, the game includes "beta-paths" which offer optional levels for the user to explore and scavenge for resources. In-game exploration allows the player to "find the best resources that get you the best parts, and the most badass weapons that you can make."
Khoury adds Dead Space 3 will offer more replayability and gameplay depth than either of its two predecessors.
"If you are into weapon crafting, you can spend literally one hundred hours in this thing. If you want to explore all the beta-paths; if you want to replay with the co-op; it's way more about choice in Dead Space 3: you can really spend a lot of time doing that."
Check out our coverage of the game's upcoming weapons crafting system from this year's Gamescom.
Dead Space 3 is scheduled to release for PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 on February 5th in North America.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The man who made Atari's E.T. names his worst video game of all time
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'