NBA 2K13 fans will be able to engage with the game in numerous ways on a variety of platforms, thanks to a new initiative called "NBA 2K Everywhere," 2K Sports announced today.
NBA 2K13 fans can engage with the game in numerous ways on a variety of platforms, thanks to a new initiative called "NBA 2K Everywhere," 2K Sports announced today.
"Our console game will always be the heart of the NBA 2K franchise, but we want to go beyond that," said 2K Sports' vice president of marketing, Jason Argent. "We're offering more ways to experience NBA 2K than ever before."
NBA 2K Everywhere includes a free mobile companion app, MyNBA2K, in which users can play mini-games such as shooting practice, dribbling drills, and autograph signings in order to connect with the MyCareer and MyTeam modes in the NBA 2K13 console game. MyNBA2K, made by NBA 2K developer Visual Concepts, will be available in October on iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire.
NBA 2K13 on iOS and Android, the second NBA 2K game on mobile devices, is in development at 2K China. It will offer a simulation basketball experience with multiplayer functionality, which was missing last year. The game will also include the NBA's Greatest mode, which lets players relive classic NBA games. It will be out in October.
NBA 2K Everywhere will also mark the launch of 2K Sports' first social game, the Facebook title NBA 2K: MyLife, developed by Fifth Column Games. NBA 2K: MyLife lets players import their MyCareer avatar from NBA 2K13, and play through career-related experiences on Facebook like building up their home-court area, competing with friends in skills competitions, and earning endorsements. Progress in NBA 2K: MyLife feeds back into the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of NBA 2K13, unlocking content such as dunk packages and clothing. NBA 2K: MyLife will hit Facebook in October.
NBA 2K13 is set for release on October 2nd, 2012, on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, Wii, and PSP, with a Wii U version to follow this holiday season. Check out our full gameplay preview for more details.
- Titanfall review: my buddy
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- Frog Fractions developer launches $60K Kickstarter for sequel
- Tower of Guns - Overview video
- Titanfall's achievement lies in allowing the player to find fun in failure
- Frozen Endzone hits Steam Early Access
- Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Jackdaw Edition coming to EMEA, UK this month
- Bears are the enemy of art in Halfbrick's new game, Bears vs. Art
- Foundation 9 exec to lead The Walking Dead creator's game division
- Space Noir's spaceship combat headed to PC and tablets from N-Fusion and Unity Games