Gaming headset company Turtle Beach named former Motorola COO Juergen Stark as its new CEO today, taking leadership as current CEO and founder Carmine Bonanno steps down to assume a different role on the company's Board of Directors.
At Motorola, Stark oversaw program management, global and customer service, and quality assurance testing. He also had a hand in the company's turnaround after its purchase by Google in May 2011 for $9.5 billion. Prior to becoming COO, he headed the company's Productivity department with a focus on Windows Mobile phones, as well as worked in several smaller areas of Motorola's commercial and government solutions division.
"Juergen's entrepreneurial spirit and experience in developing and marketing hardware on a global scale is a perfect match for Turtle Beach," Turtle Beach chairman Ron Doornink said in a press release. "He is very passionate about consumer electronics, especially those that have real value via technology, are designed and delivered with excellence in every detail and endeavor to capture the favor of consumers."
Recently Turtle Beach announced a special line of "Ear Force" headsets and earbuds for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance