Gaming headset company Turtle Beach named former Motorola COO Juergen Stark as its new CEO today, taking leadership as current CEO and founder Carmine Bonanno steps down to assume a different role on the company's Board of Directors.
At Motorola, Stark oversaw program management, global and customer service, and quality assurance testing. He also had a hand in the company's turnaround after its purchase by Google in May 2011 for $9.5 billion. Prior to becoming COO, he headed the company's Productivity department with a focus on Windows Mobile phones, as well as worked in several smaller areas of Motorola's commercial and government solutions division.
"Juergen's entrepreneurial spirit and experience in developing and marketing hardware on a global scale is a perfect match for Turtle Beach," Turtle Beach chairman Ron Doornink said in a press release. "He is very passionate about consumer electronics, especially those that have real value via technology, are designed and delivered with excellence in every detail and endeavor to capture the favor of consumers."
Recently Turtle Beach announced a special line of "Ear Force" headsets and earbuds for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Play Settlers of Catan Anytime thanks to HTML 5