Epic Games has opened a new studio in Seattle, Washington.
Epic Games opened a new studio in Seattle, Washington to focus on development with Unreal Engine 4, the company announced today.
"The proximity to key partners, the density of world-class talent and all the factors that make Seattle an attractive place to live convinced us that it is the perfect locale for Epic's West Coast operation," president Dr. Michael Capps said in a press release. "We are looking to hire even more of the best engineers around to contribute to Unreal Engine 4, which we believe is set to change the way we all make games."
Epic is currently recruiting programmers and support staff to add to its new studio of engineers, as well as developers with experience in building and maintaining online services. A full listing of available positions can be found on the company's official website.
Unreal Engine 4 was unveiled earlier this year. Only one title has currently been officially announced for it, Epic's own survival sandbox game Fortnite, scheduled to release in 2013.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The man who made Atari's E.T. names his worst video game of all time
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'