Skylanders Cloud Patrol, the mobile game tie-in to Activision's lucrative Skylanders franchise, will be available today on Kindle Fire, Activision announced today.
Cloud Patrol launched on iOS this past April.
Activision has teamed up with Amazon for the Kindle Fire version of Cloud Patrol to offer exclusive functionality. Players will be able to buy toys right from the app — an option that Amazon chief executive Jeff Bezos highlighted during yesterday's Kindle press event — which will immediately unlock the digital version of that Skylander figure in Cloud Patrol, so kids can play with it while they wait for the physical toy to arrive.
Skylanders Cloud Patrol will be available on the first-generation Kindle Fire for 99 cents. The game will be compatible with the newly announced Kindle Fire HD, the 7-inch model of which will launch on September 14th for $199.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Two more videos show off Ultra Street Fighter 4's characters, opening cinematic
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Easter eggs? Here are two in Garden Warfare — including the Slender Man