Skylanders Cloud Patrol, the mobile game tie-in to Activision's lucrative Skylanders franchise, will be available today on Kindle Fire, Activision announced today.
Cloud Patrol launched on iOS this past April.
Activision has teamed up with Amazon for the Kindle Fire version of Cloud Patrol to offer exclusive functionality. Players will be able to buy toys right from the app — an option that Amazon chief executive Jeff Bezos highlighted during yesterday's Kindle press event — which will immediately unlock the digital version of that Skylander figure in Cloud Patrol, so kids can play with it while they wait for the physical toy to arrive.
Skylanders Cloud Patrol will be available on the first-generation Kindle Fire for 99 cents. The game will be compatible with the newly announced Kindle Fire HD, the 7-inch model of which will launch on September 14th for $199.
- Players want more options than murder, and GTA 5 proves it
- ABC just launched history's biggest, most well-funded LARP
- The fixer: Why Rod Fergusson returned to Gears of War
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell (update)
- Why it costs at least $5,000 to release an indie game on Xbox One