Members of Uplay will get "privilege access" to the upcoming Far Cry 3 multiplayer beta.
Members of Uplay will get "privilege access" to the upcoming Far Cry 3 multiplayer beta, Ubisoft revealed to VideoGamer.com. Uplay is a special network that grants gamers access to online multiplayer play and bonus content.
"In the American territories ... they have the ability to participate in the beta because we know that they are a Uplay member and we put them first," branch development manager Alexandra Andrieux told the site. According to VideoGamer.com, North American access was previously only available to those who pre-ordered Ghost Recon: Future Solider through GameStop.
The Far Cry 3 multiplayer beta was originally set for a summer release, following its May announcement, on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Far Cry 3 is expected to launch on December 4th of this year for the PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360.
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- How indie devs are finding success, and publicity, in toys and merch
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians (update)
- BBC launches update of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy text adventure
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there