thatgamecompany is releasing a book of concept and production artwork from Journey, its latest indie endeavor on the PlayStation Network and PlayStation 3.
thatgamecompany is releasing a book of concept and production artwork from Journey, its latest endeavor on the PlayStation Network and PlayStation 3. The $60 book can now be pre-ordered from Bluecanvas.
The Art of Journey is a hardcover book written by the game's art director, Matt Nava. In addition to images from the game and artwork, it delves into the game's influences and developmental direction. It also includes an "augmented reality" feature; by downloading a free app, readers can use their Smartphones to see 3D models of special pictures.
The first 750 people to pre-order the book will receive a copy autographed by Nava and creative director Jenova Chen. All orders will include a voucher for a free copy of the game's soundtrack. The book is expected to release in late September, and those who pre-order in the lower 48 states will receive free shipping.
Journey released on the PSN in March, followed by a retail package release with Flower and Flow on August 28th. Players wander through a vast desert as a mysterious, robed figure.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The man who made Atari's E.T. names his worst video game of all time
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'