The 1999 racer of PlayStation, Nintendo 64, and Dreamcast fame, Re-Volt, will release on iOS.
Re-Volt, a 1999 racer originally released for the PlayStation, Nintendo 64, and Dreamcast, will launch on iOS soon, reports Game Informer.
The game is expected to hit the App Store soon, according to a tweet from studio head Nick Baynes at app developer Big Bit. In response to a tweet about favorite Dreamcast games, Baynes tweeted, "Anyone that says Re-Volt should watch the App Store over the next couple of weeks..." Big Bit's website also features a "coming soon" screenshot from the racer.
The original Re-Volt featured radio-controlled car racing and was published by Acclaim Entertainment. The game featured both single-player and multiplayer options, as well as a track editor. It's still unclear if the iOS version will be a port or a remake. No official release date has been announced.
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- South Park: The Stick of Truth let me do everything but be myself, and that's a bummer
- Watch Unreal Engine 4 running in Firefox