The Promethean enemy race in Halo 4 was revealed today in images provided by All Games Beta, showing a race that includes classes like the Knight, Knight Lancer, Knight Commander, Knight Battlewagon, Watcher, Crawler, Alpha Crawler, and Crawler Snipe.
The Promethean enemy race in Halo 4 was revealed in this month's issue of GameInformer magazine, showing a race that includes classes like the Knight, Knight Lancer, Knight Commander, Knight Battlewagon, Watcher, Crawler, Alpha Crawler, and Crawler Snipe.
The magazine also revealed the weapons that are specific to each class. The seven weapon types that are available include the Boltshot, Binary Rifle, Incineration Cannon, Lightrifle, Suppressor, Scattershot, and Pulse Grenade.
Within the Promethean force, the Knights are the captains, the Knight Lancers are primarily used as scouts and marksmen, and the Knight Commanders lead groups of Knights. Watchers are robotic creatures that can ressurect Knights and summon Crawlers, and Crawlers are extremely agile and move in packs.
Full descriptions of the enemies are below from GameInformer:
The captains of the Promethean force, the autonomous and intelligent Knights are ancient warriors tasked with defending the artificial world called Requiem. An encounter with a single Knight can turn deadly, as they systematically bring more enemies into the fight. Knights wield weapons like the Suppressor and LightRifle.
Utilized primarily as scouts and marksmen, Lancers are extremely accurate even at a great distance. Among their many skills, Lancers utilize Promethean Vision to track targets even when they're behind solid objects.
As the name suggests, Knight Commanders lead groups of Knights. Commanders have the formidable combat skills of a normal Knight, and can also wield Incineration Cannons, don stronger armor, and deploy floating Autosentry turrets.
Rare but incredibly dangerous, Knight Battlewagons are deployed when other Promethean forces have failed. Their huge metal frames are draped in heavy armor and hard light shielding, and these deadly combatants are capable of deploying their own Autosentries. Even getting close to a Battlewagon is a challenge. That's especially true as the robotic Promethean uses its Scattershot against approaching threats.
These flying robotic creatures emerge from the armored shell of Knights. Once active, they can ressurect Knights, summon Crawlers from the bowels of Requiem, create shield to protect other Prometheans, or attack using their most common armament, a Boltshot.
The most common Promethean on Requiem are the Crawlers. Crawlers are extremely agile and move in packs. They can swarm an enemy and tear them to pieces, or utilize a Boltshot from a distance.
More dangerous than the standard variety, the Alpha leads packs of Crawlers into battle. Luckily, Alphas can be identified by the series of Hardlight spikes along their head and back. This unit uses Suppressors as a ranged weapon.
Halo 4 is due to be released on Xbox 360 on November 6th.
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians
- TowerFall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Infamous: Second Son live-action trailer spells out its heroic credo
- When a successful game is a failure
- Battlefield 4 server rentals coming to consoles soon
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- Five-hour PSN maintenance scheduled for today
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- Betrayer exiting Early Access March 24
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Cheap Shark for Games?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Square Goods @PS4 INVITE live 9pm pst
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- The controller: will it get fixed?