The Promethean enemy race in Halo 4 was revealed today in images provided by All Games Beta, showing a race that includes classes like the Knight, Knight Lancer, Knight Commander, Knight Battlewagon, Watcher, Crawler, Alpha Crawler, and Crawler Snipe.
The Promethean enemy race in Halo 4 was revealed in this month's issue of GameInformer magazine, showing a race that includes classes like the Knight, Knight Lancer, Knight Commander, Knight Battlewagon, Watcher, Crawler, Alpha Crawler, and Crawler Snipe.
The magazine also revealed the weapons that are specific to each class. The seven weapon types that are available include the Boltshot, Binary Rifle, Incineration Cannon, Lightrifle, Suppressor, Scattershot, and Pulse Grenade.
Within the Promethean force, the Knights are the captains, the Knight Lancers are primarily used as scouts and marksmen, and the Knight Commanders lead groups of Knights. Watchers are robotic creatures that can ressurect Knights and summon Crawlers, and Crawlers are extremely agile and move in packs.
Full descriptions of the enemies are below from GameInformer:
The captains of the Promethean force, the autonomous and intelligent Knights are ancient warriors tasked with defending the artificial world called Requiem. An encounter with a single Knight can turn deadly, as they systematically bring more enemies into the fight. Knights wield weapons like the Suppressor and LightRifle.
Utilized primarily as scouts and marksmen, Lancers are extremely accurate even at a great distance. Among their many skills, Lancers utilize Promethean Vision to track targets even when they're behind solid objects.
As the name suggests, Knight Commanders lead groups of Knights. Commanders have the formidable combat skills of a normal Knight, and can also wield Incineration Cannons, don stronger armor, and deploy floating Autosentry turrets.
Rare but incredibly dangerous, Knight Battlewagons are deployed when other Promethean forces have failed. Their huge metal frames are draped in heavy armor and hard light shielding, and these deadly combatants are capable of deploying their own Autosentries. Even getting close to a Battlewagon is a challenge. That's especially true as the robotic Promethean uses its Scattershot against approaching threats.
These flying robotic creatures emerge from the armored shell of Knights. Once active, they can ressurect Knights, summon Crawlers from the bowels of Requiem, create shield to protect other Prometheans, or attack using their most common armament, a Boltshot.
The most common Promethean on Requiem are the Crawlers. Crawlers are extremely agile and move in packs. They can swarm an enemy and tear them to pieces, or utilize a Boltshot from a distance.
More dangerous than the standard variety, the Alpha leads packs of Crawlers into battle. Luckily, Alphas can be identified by the series of Hardlight spikes along their head and back. This unit uses Suppressors as a ranged weapon.
Halo 4 is due to be released on Xbox 360 on November 6th.
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Tabletop Simulator - Overview video
- Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn patch ups PvP rank cap, adds new content
- Limbo, Skullgirls Encore and more join PlayStation Instant Game Collection in May
- Unreal Engine 4 updated with PS4, Xbox One, Linux and SteamOS support
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Child of Light's creators discuss the birth of Aurora and her fairytale journey
- Skylanders Trap Team coming Oct. 5 with a new twist and a new portal
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)