The Promethean enemy race in Halo 4 was revealed today in images provided by All Games Beta, showing a race that includes classes like the Knight, Knight Lancer, Knight Commander, Knight Battlewagon, Watcher, Crawler, Alpha Crawler, and Crawler Snipe.
The Promethean enemy race in Halo 4 was revealed in this month's issue of GameInformer magazine, showing a race that includes classes like the Knight, Knight Lancer, Knight Commander, Knight Battlewagon, Watcher, Crawler, Alpha Crawler, and Crawler Snipe.
The magazine also revealed the weapons that are specific to each class. The seven weapon types that are available include the Boltshot, Binary Rifle, Incineration Cannon, Lightrifle, Suppressor, Scattershot, and Pulse Grenade.
Within the Promethean force, the Knights are the captains, the Knight Lancers are primarily used as scouts and marksmen, and the Knight Commanders lead groups of Knights. Watchers are robotic creatures that can ressurect Knights and summon Crawlers, and Crawlers are extremely agile and move in packs.
Full descriptions of the enemies are below from GameInformer:
The captains of the Promethean force, the autonomous and intelligent Knights are ancient warriors tasked with defending the artificial world called Requiem. An encounter with a single Knight can turn deadly, as they systematically bring more enemies into the fight. Knights wield weapons like the Suppressor and LightRifle.
Utilized primarily as scouts and marksmen, Lancers are extremely accurate even at a great distance. Among their many skills, Lancers utilize Promethean Vision to track targets even when they're behind solid objects.
As the name suggests, Knight Commanders lead groups of Knights. Commanders have the formidable combat skills of a normal Knight, and can also wield Incineration Cannons, don stronger armor, and deploy floating Autosentry turrets.
Rare but incredibly dangerous, Knight Battlewagons are deployed when other Promethean forces have failed. Their huge metal frames are draped in heavy armor and hard light shielding, and these deadly combatants are capable of deploying their own Autosentries. Even getting close to a Battlewagon is a challenge. That's especially true as the robotic Promethean uses its Scattershot against approaching threats.
These flying robotic creatures emerge from the armored shell of Knights. Once active, they can ressurect Knights, summon Crawlers from the bowels of Requiem, create shield to protect other Prometheans, or attack using their most common armament, a Boltshot.
The most common Promethean on Requiem are the Crawlers. Crawlers are extremely agile and move in packs. They can swarm an enemy and tear them to pieces, or utilize a Boltshot from a distance.
More dangerous than the standard variety, the Alpha leads packs of Crawlers into battle. Luckily, Alphas can be identified by the series of Hardlight spikes along their head and back. This unit uses Suppressors as a ranged weapon.
Halo 4 is due to be released on Xbox 360 on November 6th.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development
- How cows predicted the seedy underbelly of social gaming
- Battlefield Hardline's singleplayer tells the story of a good cop framed
- Twitch Plays Pokémon starting Pokémon X on July 27 thanks to modded 3DS
- It takes 40 minutes to drive across country in The Crew, watch it happen right here
- GOG.com accidentally gives away thousands of games
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Tell Us Your Story
- A New Steam Controller
- DESTINY disappointment?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Really Horrible