And there goes my last reason to buy a Vita
It looks like an RTS simplified for consoles. As someone who just finished playing Pikmin 3, I’m ready for more Console RTS games, especially when they’ve got the such an interesting art direction.
It hurts to read articles like this when the Wii U has so many good games, and so many more in the pipeline (I’m loving MK8/3D World/Pikmin 3 and I can’t wait for Smash Bros/Zelda/Xenoblade X).
Apart from the games, which are excellent, Nintendo seems to have botched almost every major aspect of the Wii U:
- -The name (confused customers, same with the 3DS)
- -The hardware design (compromises made to make the console smaller and silent)
- -The Gamepad (massive increase in cost for limited benefit)
- -The pricing (It was ~$100 more expensive than the PS3 and $50 cheaper than the PS4, it’s dropped in price since, but it never should’ve been priced that high)
- -The marketing (They’ve largely failed to sell the Gamepad to consumers or inform people that the console is the successor to the Wii)
- -The OS (The software is better than it was at launch, but still feels slow and clunky compared to the PS4/XB1)
- -Online support (It still has what feels like a half-step between Wii-level and PS3-level online aspects when the PS4/XB1 are getting a robust set of online features)
I expect Nintendo to ride out the generation, but even in the best case scenario, I can’t really see the Wii U selling much better than the Gamecube. Nintendo has made too many mistakes with this console.