An entry titled Nosgoth appeared on , possibly hinting at an upcoming databaseLegacy of Kain game.
According to Eidos Games' forums, "Nosgoth" and "War for Nosgoth" are also mentioned in the patch logs of an AMD driver. In February, Superannuation discovered that Square Enix registered warfornosgoth.com domain.
Additionally, a composer's LinkedIn profile mentions Nosgoth for Square Enix and indie game studio, Psyonix, in his work summary. Psyonix Studios previously provided development support for Bulletstorm, Homefront and Gears of War, and recently developed A.R.C Squadron and Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars 2.
Set in the world of Nosgoth, Crystal Dynamics' Legacy of Kain series mainly focuses on Kain, the vampire antihero and Raziel, a vampire who is out to destroy Kain, his creator.
The franchise consists of five titles, including Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 and Legacy of Kain: . The first title, Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, was developed by Silicon Knights and saw a release in 1996 for Sony's PlayStation.
Polygon has contacted Square Enix and will update this article as more information comes to hand.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Contest Resumes: Infamous: Second Son - Win a statue of Delsin Rowe
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- The Secret Ending (spoilers)
- The best song in a video game?
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)