An entry titled Nosgoth appeared on , possibly hinting at an upcoming databaseLegacy of Kain game.
According to Eidos Games' forums, "Nosgoth" and "War for Nosgoth" are also mentioned in the patch logs of an AMD driver. In February, Superannuation discovered that Square Enix registered warfornosgoth.com domain.
Additionally, a composer's LinkedIn profile mentions Nosgoth for Square Enix and indie game studio, Psyonix, in his work summary. Psyonix Studios previously provided development support for Bulletstorm, Homefront and Gears of War, and recently developed A.R.C Squadron and Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars 2.
Set in the world of Nosgoth, Crystal Dynamics' Legacy of Kain series mainly focuses on Kain, the vampire antihero and Raziel, a vampire who is out to destroy Kain, his creator.
The franchise consists of five titles, including Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 and Legacy of Kain: . The first title, Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, was developed by Silicon Knights and saw a release in 1996 for Sony's PlayStation.
Polygon has contacted Square Enix and will update this article as more information comes to hand.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Green & Red (Thu 13 Mar)
- XBOne Classifieds
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- PixelJunk's Nom Nom Galaxy
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- Dark Souls 2 Chat
- Polygon PAX Panels Pretty Please
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- High-End PC from the guide. Need a fan?
- Save developers and you will save your soul.