An entry titled Nosgoth appeared on , possibly hinting at an upcoming databaseLegacy of Kain game.
According to Eidos Games' forums, "Nosgoth" and "War for Nosgoth" are also mentioned in the patch logs of an AMD driver. In February, Superannuation discovered that Square Enix registered warfornosgoth.com domain.
Additionally, a composer's LinkedIn profile mentions Nosgoth for Square Enix and indie game studio, Psyonix, in his work summary. Psyonix Studios previously provided development support for Bulletstorm, Homefront and Gears of War, and recently developed A.R.C Squadron and Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars 2.
Set in the world of Nosgoth, Crystal Dynamics' Legacy of Kain series mainly focuses on Kain, the vampire antihero and Raziel, a vampire who is out to destroy Kain, his creator.
The franchise consists of five titles, including Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 and Legacy of Kain: . The first title, Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, was developed by Silicon Knights and saw a release in 1996 for Sony's PlayStation.
Polygon has contacted Square Enix and will update this article as more information comes to hand.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
- Kickstarter suspends accused Airbnb squatter's game project
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- The Long Dark is a quieter take on DayZ, and it's still terrifying
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward