An entry titled Nosgoth appeared on , possibly hinting at an upcoming databaseLegacy of Kain game.
According to Eidos Games' forums, "Nosgoth" and "War for Nosgoth" are also mentioned in the patch logs of an AMD driver. In February, Superannuation discovered that Square Enix registered warfornosgoth.com domain.
Additionally, a composer's LinkedIn profile mentions Nosgoth for Square Enix and indie game studio, Psyonix, in his work summary. Psyonix Studios previously provided development support for Bulletstorm, Homefront and Gears of War, and recently developed A.R.C Squadron and Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars 2.
Set in the world of Nosgoth, Crystal Dynamics' Legacy of Kain series mainly focuses on Kain, the vampire antihero and Raziel, a vampire who is out to destroy Kain, his creator.
The franchise consists of five titles, including Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 and Legacy of Kain: . The first title, Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, was developed by Silicon Knights and saw a release in 1996 for Sony's PlayStation.
Polygon has contacted Square Enix and will update this article as more information comes to hand.
- You shouldn't pre-order Alien: Isolation (or any other game)
- Action Henk gameplay video - The floor is always lava
- The International phase two, day two results
- A talking raccoon and walking tree lead Marvel's film experiments into the weird side of comics
- Elder Scrolls Online updates aim to make solo play more compelling
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 10
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 14: Beast War-Riors
- Humble 2K Bundle: Win one of ten in our caption contest
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polynauts World Cup Discussion
- Kinect 2.0 101 – Explaining Voice Commands
- Evolution 2014: Fighting Games Tournament
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Anime Expo 2014
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 9