An entry titled Nosgoth appeared on , possibly hinting at an upcoming databaseLegacy of Kain game.
According to Eidos Games' forums, "Nosgoth" and "War for Nosgoth" are also mentioned in the patch logs of an AMD driver. In February, Superannuation discovered that Square Enix registered warfornosgoth.com domain.
Additionally, a composer's LinkedIn profile mentions Nosgoth for Square Enix and indie game studio, Psyonix, in his work summary. Psyonix Studios previously provided development support for Bulletstorm, Homefront and Gears of War, and recently developed A.R.C Squadron and Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars 2.
Set in the world of Nosgoth, Crystal Dynamics' Legacy of Kain series mainly focuses on Kain, the vampire antihero and Raziel, a vampire who is out to destroy Kain, his creator.
The franchise consists of five titles, including Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 and Legacy of Kain: . The first title, Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, was developed by Silicon Knights and saw a release in 1996 for Sony's PlayStation.
Polygon has contacted Square Enix and will update this article as more information comes to hand.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- CounterSpy hits PlayStation platforms on August 19
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- 25 character code not working on Xbox1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?