The developer warns the new 3v3 map is still in a state of continued improvement, adding that a team of designers devoted to the development of Twisted Treeline is ready and waiting for feedback.
Revisions to the original map are as follow:
- New terrain and new items to help improve the number of viable team comps
- A condensed jungle with reliable monster camps to focus the action towards the center where junglers can gank both lanes
- Wider choke points near the inhibitors and a wall separating the shrine turret from the Nexus to prevent late game turtling
- An epic new spider boss and two neutral altars to encourage combat around team-wide buffs
- Beginner and intermediate bots specifically designed for the new terrain and mechanics, available in both Custom games and Co-op vs. AI matchmaking
Riot Games first announced this new version of the Twisted Treeline map was soon to hit public beta in a forum posts made last week on its site's official message board.