The next batch of Rock Band downloadable songs will mark the series' fifth anniversary with six songs spanning a variety of genres from the late 1960s through today, developer Harmonix announced today.
Harmonix and publisher MTV Games launched the original Rock Band on Nov. 20, 2007, and the following songs will become available for download exactly five years later, on Nov. 20, 2012:
- The Band - "The Weight (live)" (1968)
- The Allman Brothers Band - "Jessica" (1973)
- Modern English - "I Melt With You" (1982)
- Nine Inch Nails - "Closer" (1994)
- Crossfade - "Cold" (2004)
- DragonForce - "Cry Thunder" (2012)
Each song costs $1.99 on PlayStation 3, $2.00 on Wii and 160 Microsoft Points on Xbox 360. All songs except "Crossfade" include keyboard support in Rock Band 3, and the two classic rock tracks offer Pro Guitar and Bass upgrades for an extra dollar. The songs will be available for European PlayStation 3 players on Nov. 21.
According to Harmonix, Rock Band players have purchased more than 100 million songs from the Rock Band Music Store over the past five years.