Following positive consumer reaction after the company’s showing at Gamescom in August, Sony is reconsidering launching a PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita bundle, according to Fergal Gara of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.
Sony reconsidering PS4, Vita bundle after positive consumer feedback


Speaking with Official PlayStation Magazine U.K. at the Eurogamer Expo, Gara said that despite Sony previously stating it had no plans to release such a bundle, positive “consumer reaction and an upsurge in Vita sales” after the announcement of the handheld’s price drop may have changed the company’s mind.
“Well a couple of things have evolved about since then,” Gara said. “I think that clearly demonstrating what the two machines do when they come together was a big step and I think Gamescom was a key moment for that.
“Seeing the consumer reaction and actually an upsurge in Vita sales immediately following that demo was very encouraging to see,” he added. “So there is interest in the mechanic. Right now, as I sit here today, we’re not producing a box that fits a PS4 and PS Vita in that one box. We we could probably change our mind in the morning and still have it ready for launch to be honest so it’s not a big decision. It’s not a hard thing to do.”
Gara was clear that Sony still hasn’t made a firm decision on a PS4 and Vita bundle, but the option is not off the table just yet.
“We’re still in the planning phase so it’s not a yes, its not a no,” he said. “And the option is still there to pick up the two of them. We’ll make it happen in the ways that are best for our retail partners really and we’ll work with them. The concept is becoming more real by the week.”
At Gamescom 2013 this past August, Sony announce the PS Vita would receive a price cut to $199 and the PlayStation 4 console would launch on Nov. 15 in North America and on Nov. 29 in Europe.
Most Popular
- The length of Sephiroth’s sword in FF7 actually changes, says Tetsuya Nomura
- The top two GOTY 2025 front-runners are AA games and that’s a good sign
- GameStop employees say scalpers stayed in line for new Pokémon cards through tornado warnings
- Don’t be surprised Guillermo del Toro says his Frankenstein won’t be a horror movie
- Dragon Ball Daima is Akira Toriyama’s final gift to Dragon Ball fans











