CCP will host training sessions for rookie Eve Online players on the basics of how to pilot a ship, earn in-game cash, engage in combat and more, the developer announced via the game's website.
Training sessions are intended to help ease players into the complicated universe of the decade-old massively multiplayer online role-playing game. Sessions will last an hour and are built on the game's tutorial missions. According to the post, the idea is to help players to advance their own skills without too much handholding.
Training sessions will be built around a specific month-long theme. The first round, taking place Oct.10 - Nov. 19 will focus on PvP combat. The full schedule is as follows:
- Oct. 15, 12 p.m. ET - Modules
- Oct. 17, 12 p.m. ET - Fitting Your Ship
- Oct. 22, 12 p.m. ET - Earning ISK
- Oct. 24, 12 p.m. ET - The Overview and UI
- Oct., 12 p.m. ET - Piloting Your Ship
- Oct. 31, 12 p.m. ET - Skills
- Nov. 5, 12 p.m. ET - Crimewatch (Featuring live demonstrations)
- Nov. 7, 12 p.m. ET - Combat Basics
- Nov. 12, 12 p.m. ET - Teamwork
- Nov. 16, 12 p.m. ET - PVP Fleet
- Nov. 18, 12 p.m. ET - Progression: What's Next?
"The simple fact is a lot of players come into the game and are overwhelmed by what they find," the post reads. "Teaching them in a structured fashion like this can help them get into New Eden more quickly and get them out there interacting with other players. Your corporations and alliances will benefit, either by having better-trained recruits, more informed customers, or even targets more willing to come out and fight you."
Check out the full post on Eve Online's website. Sessions will be recorded and posted online for players that can't attend.