A new title update for Grand Theft Auto 5, which addresses issues related to "game progress loss in GTA Online" and other technical issues, is available for the PlayStation 3 version of the game, Rockstar Games announced today. A title update for the Xbox 360 version of the game is expected to be released by tomorrow, Oct. 10, "at the latest," the company says.
The title update is supposed to resolve multiple issues that could cause players to lose their gameplay progress, Rockstar says, with the exception of "some specific instances where players purchase a vehicle and the save does not occur due to a cloud save failure." A separate title update is in development to address that particular issue.
Grand Theft Auto 5's latest patch will address the following, Rockstar says:
- Fixes multiple issues causing character deletion or other loss of progress
- Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs
- Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs
- Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike
- Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
- Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo
- Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
- Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby
- Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job
- Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages
- Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killed in a One on One match
Rockstar says its work on improving GTA Online continues and reminds players to save their progress before leaving the game's multiplayer mode.