Bravely Default producer Tomoya Asano aims to turn Square Enix’s role-playing game franchise into an annualized series, he told Dengeki Online in a recent interview.
Bravely Default producer wants to turn franchise into an annualized series


"Personally, I'm aiming to release a game for the Bravely series at least once a year," says Asano. "So, we'd like to release Bravely Second for sometime in 2014."
Bravely Second, the sequel to Square Enix’s role-playing game Bravely Default, is headed to Japan for Nintendo 3DS, featuring a heroine called Magnolia.
“We’ve completed the scenario outline, and we just about figured out how many things we’ll be required to make for it,” Asano said of the game’s current development status. “We’re currently working on the artwork, while throwing what gets finished into the game.”
Originally released late last year in Japan, a revamped version of Bravely Default will arrive in North America Feb. 7, 2014. It features overhauled battle sequences gameplay and more than 100 improvements over the original version, according to Asano.
Nintendo is expected to release a free Nintendo 3DS demo for the game on Jan. 2. The Square Enix RPG will also be offered as a Collector’s Edition in North America, featuring the game, an art-book, 34 Augmented Reality cards and a soundtrack.
Most Popular
- All the new video games launching in 2026
- Cassian Andor says luck brought him this far. Obi-Wan Kenobi and Star Wars history disagree
- How Thunderbolts* evolved from a Die Hard movie into a Breakfast Club movie
- The fact that Lune from Clair Obscur is barefoot the whole time is not gross, it’s fun
- Thunderbolts*’ writer didn’t know Marvel cut his Taskmaster arc until he saw the movie











