Nintendo’s yearlong celebration of its often-overshadowed plumber, Luigi, will continue into 2014, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime told Siliconera.
Year of Luigi to continue into 2014


On Feb. 14, Nintendo announced the Year of Luigi to mark the 30th anniversary of Luigi’s debut. To finish out its time, Nintendo has a few more specials planned.
“There are some Year of Luigi activities that will continue into 2014 — including some of the special products that we’ve launched (the Luigi remote and the Mario and Luigi 3DS XL) — so there will be some Luigi products to carry the Luigi banner into the next calendar year,” Fils-Aime said.
Over the last year, Nintendo released New Super Luigi U, Luigi-themed editions of the Nintendo 3DS and even a commemorative coin for Club Nintendo members, in addition to other special events. In August, Luigi took over Chicago’s “L” train for a day.
See More:
Most Popular
- All the new video games launching in 2026
- Cassian Andor says luck brought him this far. Obi-Wan Kenobi and Star Wars history disagree
- How Thunderbolts* evolved from a Die Hard movie into a Breakfast Club movie
- The fact that Lune from Clair Obscur is barefoot the whole time is not gross, it’s fun
- Thunderbolts*’ writer didn’t know Marvel cut his Taskmaster arc until he saw the movie











