Each DLC release will include a free component, a paid component and a store update.The first DLC pack, tentatively called Enter the Castithan, will include the following for $10:
- Access to play the Castithan Species
- Access to a new Story Mission Line with new Battle Arena Game Mode
- Access to the new Castithan Battle Arenas
- Castithan Charge& Ceremonial Mask as a reward from Story Mission Line
- A unique version of the Raptor, a new 4 player truck of doom
- A unique Castithan version of an outfit
- A Charge Weapons Starter Pack
- Access to New Pursuits
- Newand PS3 Trophies and Achievements
The free component of Enter the Castithan will include:
- Access to the new Charge Weapons Class and Castithan Blades
- Access to Sieges, a new Open World Game Mode
- Access to the new Monolith Major Arkfall
- Access to a new PvP Map - Military Academy
- Join a friend into the Battle Arenas Game Mode
- Duel your friends and neighbors in the Duels Game Mode
- Enemies, lockboxes, and events can drop Charge Weapons
- Select a new voice for you character
- Multitude of game improvements from UI to content
The first DLC pack will also add new items and customizations to the store, such as new Castithan Blade color tint mods; Charge Weapons can now have a chance to be in Lockboxes; more versions of the new four player Raptor truck; and character customization changes will now include appearance, name or "everything change."
According to the game's official blog, the TV Tie-in or Patch 1.020 is expected to roll out this month and will feature bug fixes and TV Tie-ins.
"One of which will utilize a new open world game mode called Sieges," executive producer Nathan Richardsson wrote in the post. "Details are obviously slim, but it's a crossover event so that should give you an indication of what this game mode entails in future DLCs."