Final fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn will release on PlayStation 3 and Windows PC on August 27, and retailers are now accepting pre-orders for the massively-multiplayer online game, PlayStation Blog announced.
Both the PS3 and PC versions of the game will share servers and players on both platforms will be able to play together when the game releases. Those who pre-order the game will earn early access to A Realm Reborn before the game's official launch, and they will also receive in-game items like a Mog Cap and Cait Sith Doll minion.
The blog post also detailed the game's collector's edition which comes with the following items:
- A box featuring art was Final Fantasy illustrator Yoshitaka Amano
- The Art of Eorzea: A Realm Reimagined — a hardbound artbook featuring concept art
- The Waning of the Sixth Sun — A Blu-Ray disc that features a cinematic look at the events that led up to the realm being reborn
- The Sounds of Eorzea — a collection of music from the game by sound director Masayoshi Soken
- Five art cards by CG artists at Square Enix Visual Works
- A Realm Reborn-branded security token to secure your game account
- Four in-game bonus items: Helm of Light, Baby Behemoth Minion, Coeurl Mount and Behemoth Barding
- The game itself
The collector's edition is retailing at $79.99 and the standard edition is $39.99. Pre-orders are available for both, and the pre-order bonus also applies to both.
Phase three of the game's beta begins in June.