Once a year, we leave the safety and comfort of our GamePods™ and make our way to the vitamin D-infused shores of Los Angeles to cover E3. In an effort to maximize our time in the sun, we've once again timed our party to kick off the week's festivities.
Polygon and our friends at The Verge welcome all of you to join us in Los Angeles on Sunday, June 9th for Revenge of the Party Monsters, a free, open-to-the-public event with music, video games, and normal, non-monster human beings.
If you're in Los Angeles on Sunday night between the hours of 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. and like the sound of video games and free booze, you only need to RSVP and bring yourself. Don't even worry about your friends, we're inviting them too. They're looking forward to spending more time with you (you don't get together enough, anymore).
Lastly, we want to thank Ford and Vox Media for putting this whole thing together. Thanks!
Here are the vitals:
- RSVP with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org (Note: It's still first-come, first-served but your name will need to be on the list for general admission)
- Be prepared to party on Sunday, June 9th (but not too hard, Microsoft's E3 press conference is the next morning!)
- Party Time™ is from 7 p.m. - 11 p.m. PT
- The Tower Theater at 802 South Broadway in Los Angeles
- It's open bar (beer and wine) so drinks are on us!
- This is a 21+ event (sorry ... but drinks)
- Beats powered by DJ Trent
- Pro-gamer Ciji Thornton, aka StarSlay3r, from our Human Angle series will be on hand
- Oh, and games? We've got Luftrausers from Vlambeer, Escape Goat 2 from Magical Time Bean, Mercenary Kings from the team behind Wizorb at Tribute Games, Skullgirls from Lab Zero and TowerFall from Matt Makes Games.