Pokemon players in Australia and New Zealand will be able to compete in the Pokemon Australian National Championships during PAX Australia, Nintendo of Australia announced today.
Players can enter their teams from Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 into one of three divisions based on age: Junior (born after 2002), Senior (born between 1998 and 2001) or Masters (born earlier than 1997.) The top two trainers in each division will win an all-expenses paid trip to battle in the Pokemon World Championships, to be held in Vancouver, Canada August 9 through 11.
Interested participants who did not purchase a ticket to sold-out PAX Australia will be able to attend one of several Pokemon meet-ups scheduled throughout the summer. These Pokemon Battle Competitions will take place at the follow dates:
- June 30: Perth at Supanova Pop Culture Expo
- July 6: Melbourne at Deakin Edge - Federation Square
- July 7: Brisbane at Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre
- July 13: Adelaide at AVCon Anime and Video Game Convention
- July 14: Sydney at Luna Park
Further information, as well as the competition's official rules, can be found here. PAX Australia will take place in Melbourne on July 19 through 21.