2K Sports promised that NBA 2K14 cover athlete LeBron James would be "actively involved" in the making of the game, and the first indication of that is its soundtrack, which he picked himself, the company announced today.
"2K is letting me take control of some important elements in NBA 2K14, including this year's soundtrack," said James, who is the first cover athlete in NBA 2K history to select a game's music.
The list contains songs from across the genres of hip-hop, rock and pop, including a track from Jay-Z, who was the "executive producer" of NBA 2K13 and curated that game's soundtrack. 2K has put up the soundtrack on Spotify so fans can listen to it before NBA 2K14 launches Oct. 1 on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. It will be a launch title on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One later this year.
Here's the full 20-song soundtrack:
- Big Krit - "Cool 2 be Southern"
- Cris Cab - "Paradise (On Earth)"
- Coldplay - "Lost!"
- Daft Punk (feat. Pharrell Williams) - "Get Lucky"
- Drake - "Started from the Bottom"
- Eminem - "Not Afraid"
- Fly Union - "Long Run"
- Gorillaz - "Clint Eastwood"
- Imagine Dragons - "Radioactive"
- Jada Kiss (feat. Ayanna Irish) - "Can't Stop Me"
- Jay Z - "The Ruler's Back"
- John Legend (feat. Rick Ross) - "Who Do We Think We Are"
- Kanye West - "All of the Lights"
- Kendrick Lamar - "Now or Never"
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (feat. Ray Dalton) - "Can't Hold Us"
- Nas (feat. Puff Daddy) - "Hate Me Now"
- Phil Collins - "In The Air Tonight"
- Robin Thicke (feat. Pharrell) - "Blurred Lines"
- The Black Keys - "Elevator"
- The Black Keys - "Howlin For You"