Indie Speed Run — in which competing developers create a game within a 48-hour period — has announced this year's panel of judges, including Peter Molyneux, Notch, Kim Swift and Suda51.
Registration for the online September event is open today. The contest carries a $25 fee per team, but the charge doesn't apply until the 48-hour game clock begins, and two random elements for use in the games are sent out to competitors.
The panel of 14 judges are as follows...
- Peter Molyneux (Fable, Godus, Curiosity, Black & White)
- Markus 'Notch' Persson (Minecraft)
- Suda51 (No More Heroes, Killer7)
- Ron Gilbert (Monkey Island, The Cave)
- Brian Fargo (Fallout, Wasteland)
- Kim Swift (Portal, Quantum Conundrum)
- Dan Pinchbeck (Dear Ester, Amnesia)
- Matthew Davis and Justin Ma (FTL)
- Trent Oster (BioWare co-founder, Baldur's Gate)
- Brian Provinciano (Retro City Rampage)
- Jason Rohrer (Castle Doctrine)
- Ian Dallas (Unfinished Swan)
- Andrew Spinks (Terraria)
Each judge nominates his or her favorite entry, before prizes of $2,500, $1,000 and $500 are awarded to first, second and third places. All the games in the contest are posted online for play after the event.