Infinity Ward has confirmed that Call of Duty Championships is set to return in 2014. The news follows last year's inaugural contest.
At the Call of Duty: Ghosts reveal today, the company said it would be supporting e-sports, offering a sample contest featuring pro players and soldiers. Ghosts will be the exclusive first-person action game at Major League Gaming
The first annual Call of Duty Championship, presented by Xbox, took place on April 5-7 in Los Angeles. Thirty two, four-person teams competed on Call of Duty: Black Ops II for a share of $1 million.
"Call of Duty took competive gaming to a new level last year with Black Ops 2," said Infinity Ward's Mark Rubin. "With Ghosts, we're continuing to support competitive gaming