Winners of the 2013 Unity Awards include mystery puzzler The Room and Amplitude Studio's turn-based strategy title Endless Space, Unity Technologies announced today.
The Unity Awards were established to recognize developers that the company feels best use the multi-platform Unity engine and accompanying development tools to create "the best video game experiences and interactive 3D applications." The announcement of this year's winners was made today during the Unite 2013 developer conference.
Award winners for 2013 include a handful of indie titles built for Windows PC, Mac and mobile devices, as well as an interactive exhibit and a suite of editing tools:
- Community Choice Award: Endless Space by Amplitude Studios
- Best Student Project: SmartVCS
- Technical Achievement Award: Marmoset Skyshop, a suite of HDR tools and shaders
- Best 3D Artistic Experience: Guns of Icarus Online by Muse Games
- Best 2D Artistic Experience: Year Walk by Simogo
- Best Gameplay: The Roomby Fireproof Games
- Best VizSim Project: teamLabBody, a 3D app that shows human anatomy and movement.
- Best Non-game Project: Become Iron Man, an interactive Iron Man exhibit
- Golden Cube Award: Endless Space
The winners were determined over the course of several weeks by the tam at Unity Technologies. Nominations for the 2014 awards will begin next spring.