Marty O'Donnell, former Bungie employee and composer of the Halo games and Destiny, will join a documentary about video game music, according to a Kickstarter blog post from the producers of The Players' Score: A Video Game Music Documentary.
The project took to Kickstarter this month to fund a feature-length documentary exploring video game music and its composers. Their initial lineup of interviews includes the composers of games like Journey, Mega Man and Super Meat Boy. Since launching, they've added the following composers and sound designers:
- Jimmy Hinson aka Big Giant Circles (Borderlands 2, Mass Effect 2, Threes!)
- Darren Korb (Bastion, Transistor)
- Marty O'Donnell (Destiny, the Halo series)
- Daniel Rosenfeld (Minecraft)
- Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy Tactics, Vagrant Story)
The Players' Score: A Video Game Music Documentary has 9 days remaining in its Kickstarter campaign. As of this writing, it has raised more than $15,000 in pledges of its $24,000 goal. Organizers announced today that pledges of $10 or more will receive the soundtrack. Press play below to watch the producers' video pitch.