That auto rifle you love and rely on in Destiny is about to get less powerful. In a hot fix planned for release on Tuesday, Oct. 14, Bungie says it's lowering the effectiveness of the auto rifle while giving the scout rifle a big boost, part of a larger effort to balance the game's guns.
There are some tweaks to the hand cannon and shotgun, as well as a couple exotics, but it's the auto and scout rifles that will see the biggest change. Here are the details from Bungie's hot fix notes.
- Base Damage decreased by 2%
- Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
- Stability decreased by 4% - 17% (driven by stat value)
- In-air accuracy now increased
- Base damage increased by 6%
- Damage vs. Combatants increased by 6% - 25% (based on tier)
- Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.
- Decreased base damage at maximum range (falloff) by 20%
- Shot Package Perk now has a slightly wider cone of fire
- The Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive
Bungie says it's working on a "larger update which will address under-performing Exotics and overall class balance." The notes for tomorrow's hot fix also herald the end of another Destiny "loot cave." Bungie says, "The Fallen have also retreated from their hold over the Rocket Yard to discuss a new takeover plan."