Destiny has seen a number of post-release patches, and the latest update will focus on matchmaking and multiplayer features. The patching process will begin at 7 a.m. Pacific time, and will take the game offline for several hours.
This is what will be fixed, according to the official blog post:
- Added more data logging for matchmaking systems
- Improved connectivity failure handling to reduce beaver (Kick To Orbit events) KTOs
- Improved logging of player disconnections
- Internal tools fixes to speed up our release process
- Fixes to the roster system to allow us to tune the frequency of roster updates on Xbox One
- Fixed a bug that allowed users to quick scope on some weapons
There will also be fixes to the security of the server, along with improvements to the overall speed of the servers. You can read our review to see if Destiny is for you, or dive into the post level-20 leveling system.