The Oculus Rift may be one of the coolest ways to play Elite: Dangerous f you only have a modest budget to spend on a crazy rig for your space sims, but allow us to introduce you to the setup for the discerning gamer who has a bit larger budget and plenty of space. Watch the video and come back, because holy shit it's insane.
This is the parts list of the setup:
- Projectors : 3 x TH681 BenQ Full HD 3D DLP
- Touch interface : Selfmade dashboard with 3 Treckstor Ventos 10.1 SurfTabs , Software: Roccat Power Grid
- Voice Commands : Voice Attack Software with Voice Feedback
- Head Tracker: TrackIR (passive rear )
- Gesture recognition : not active in this video: LeapMotion controller
- HOTAS Joystick: Saitek X52 Pro
- Keyboard: Logitech G19
- Graphics: Crossfire 2x Sapphire RADEON R9 290 Tri -X OC with AMD Eyefinity, resolution 5760 x 1080
- Sound: Logitech z 5500 5.1
I don't think many people will go these lengths, but if you have the means? There are few things cooler to have in your house than a fully functional space ship simulator. If you're interested in how the game plays, we have a video for that!