Blizzard's digital collectible card game Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is now available for Android tablets, the company announced today. The initial roll out of Hearthstone is for select regions — Canada, Australia and New Zealand — but expect the game to be available worldwide in the coming days.
The Android version of Hearthstone is available to download from the Google Play store, and will be added to the Amazon Appstore for Android for the game's global release. The Android release includes the recently added Goblins vs. Gnomes expansion and Curse of Naxxramas adventure.
Hearthstone players will get a free classic pack of cards if they download the Android version, a bonus that will carry over to other versions of the game. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is already available for iPad, Mac and Windows PC. Blizzard plans to release iPhone and Android phone versions of the game next year.
The Android tablet version of Hearthstone requires 1 GB of RAM, a 6-inch or larger screen and Android 4.0. Blizzard notes that Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or Fire OS 4.5.1 are recommended. Here's a list of verified compatible Android devices, as of today:
- Amazon Kindle Fire HD 6 (2014)
- Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7 (2014)
- Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7 (2013)
- Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7 (2014)
- Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (2014)
- Asus Google Nexus 7 (2013)
- Huawei MediaPad X1
- NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9200
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
- Samsung Galaxy Note LTE 10.1 N8020
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet LTE