Update 1.08 will bring rain and snow to DriveClub's online and offline modes, a feature the developer first touted at E3 2014. The 1.4 GB download will also add two new tracks: Norway's Atlanterhavsvegen and Canada's Sinclair Pass. Several "improvements" also come to the game, according to the developer.
- Adds the option to configure Throttle/Brake controls onto Up/Down on Right Stick.
- Adds the ability to access Club Cars when offline.
- Adds the ability to access Club Paint Jobs when offline.
- Adds track maps and stats to each track card in Single Event.
- Adds player statistics to various panels within Single Event and Challenges.
- Includes more minor bug fixes, performance improvements and usability tweaks.
This won't be the only update for the game in December, as Evolution Studios plans to bring the following with another update this month.
- Adds support for the Mazzanti Evantra, coming to PlayStation Store as a free download later in December.
- Adds support for the Redline Expansion Pack, coming to PlayStation Store as a premium download later in December. This Expansion Pack includes the Redline Car Pack and Redline Tour Pack.
- The Redline Car Pack includes 5 new cars: Mercedes SLS AMG E-Drive, McLaren F1 LM, Renault Alpine A110-50, Ferrari 458 Speciale, and Chevrolet Corvette Stingray.
- The Redline Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
- Adds support for the Elements Tour Pack, coming to PlayStation Store as a premium download later in December.
- The Elements Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
For more on the game, be sure to read Polygon's review, which takes into account DriveClub's post-launch problems. Last month, by way of apology for its rocky release, Evolution Studios offered players free downloadable content.