Super Game Jam, a documentary series that chronicles five pairs of developers who created five games together in 48 hours, is headed to Steam next month, Devolver Digital and filmmakers Daniel Oliveira Carneiro and Bram Ruiter announced today.
Shot in five cities over six months, Super Game Jam's participants, who created games like Hotline Miami, McPixel, Ridiculous Fishing and Samurai Gunn, developed their new games based on themes suggested by their peers. The games created will be released alongside each episode though Steam.
The developers, episodes, games and locations are as follows:
- Episode 1, Utrecht, Netherlands, Richard Boeser (Ibb and Obb) and Jan Willem Nijman (Luftrausers, Ridiculous Fishing)
- Episode 2, Berlin, Germany, Christoffer Hedborg (Pid, Shelter) and Dominik Johann (Impetus, Laza Knitez!!)
- Episode 3, Oakland, Adam Drucker (doseone, Samurai Gunn) and Sos Sosowski (McPixel)
- Episode 4, Gothenburg, Sweden, Martin Jonasson (Rymdkapsel) and Jonatan Soderstrom (Hotline Miami)
- Episode 5, London, Tom Francis (Gunpoint) and Liselore Goedhart (Remembering, Nott Won't Sleep)
"Game jams have become an increasingly important part of the indie game development scene and our hope is to let everyone see what goes into these collaborations and explorations of themes through games," said Carneiro.
Press play above to watch Super Game Jam's first tailer. You can learn more about the documentary series at its official website.