The ten games chosen to be on display at the Develop in Brighton Conference includes Krillbite Studios' Among the Sleep and Bifrost Entertainment's Myriad, with Seaven Studio's Inside My Radio and Draknek's Sokobond given honorable mentions, the conference's organizers announced today.
"For the third year in a row, the response to the Indie Showcase has been incredible and it is a real testament to the creativity of indie developers." Andy Lane, managing director of Tandem Events, said in a prepared statement. "We had a record number of submissions so thanks to everyone who submitted a game - you made it a tough job for the judges to whittle the list down to these ten."
The shortlisted games for the Indie Dev Showcase 2014 are as follows:
- A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build (PC), Draknek
- SwapQuest (Android), Rebusmind
- Robocraft (PC), Freejam
- 4PM (PC), 4PM Game
- Among the Sleep (PC), Krillbite Studios
- Darklings (iPhone), MildMania
- Myriad (PC), Bifrost Entertainment
- Action Henk (PC), RageSquid
- Ether One (PC), White Paper Games
- Rush Rally (Android), Brownmonster.co.uk
The following games were given honorable mentions:
- Words Warrior by Below The Game
- CLARC by Golden Triangle
- Extrasolar by Lazy 8 Studios
- Cosmonautica - A Space Trading Adventure by Chasing Carrots
- Inside My Radio by Seaven Studio
- Sokobond by Draknek
Sony's Andrew House and Mark Cerny will co-present a keynote talk on the past and future of PlayStation consoles and games during the conference. Capybara Games co-founder and president Nathan Vella will deliver the final keynote speech for the event called "Growing Together: Being an Independent Studio in 2014."
Develop in Brighton is an annual gathering of game developers in the UK and runs 9-10 July in Brighton, U.K. The Indie Dev Day track takes place on July 10.