Bungie first hinted at the existence of the Easter Egg in 2012 when the company's Jon Cable confirmed he found it in the game's code, noting it only rears its head on a specific day.
Programmer Adrian Perez later revealed the Easter Egg was a loading screen dedicated to his wife as a birthday gift.
Now the process for accessing the Easter Egg has finally been worked out, according to users at TeamBeyond. According to the website, if you press down on both thumbsticks during the loading screen on Dec. 25, you will be shown a wider view of the Halo ring. Written on the ring's surface is "Happy Birthday Lauren!"
You can check it out in the video below.
- Press Start: Stick Saves, the Witcher explained and Destiny's hall of fame
- In sports, Xbox 360 and PlayStation already facing elimination games
- There's a new secret area in Destiny that only the best players will ever visit
- Battlefield 4's Spring Update arrives on Tuesday with new guns and a new multiplayer mode
- Introducing Tanaan Jungle: six things to know about World of Warcraft's newest zone
- The war against solo players
- Polygon's Destiny thread for the week of May 19 (It's finally here!)
- Weekend at Polygon: You're a Kid Now You're a Squid Now (May 23-25)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, No. 12: Mom! Kirielson's Making a Plight Overflow Thread!
- All video games to be first person survival horrors by 2016 (spoof news)
- How big of a screw-up was it go get a Japanese PlayStation 4?
- There's an Xbox System Beta? I want in on that.
- The Order 1886 for £27.99
- Polynauts The Plightcast 27