Bungie first hinted at the existence of the Easter Egg in 2012 when the company's Jon Cable confirmed he found it in the game's code, noting it only rears its head on a specific day.
Programmer Adrian Perez later revealed the Easter Egg was a loading screen dedicated to his wife as a birthday gift.
Now the process for accessing the Easter Egg has finally been worked out, according to users at TeamBeyond. According to the website, if you press down on both thumbsticks during the loading screen on Dec. 25, you will be shown a wider view of the Halo ring. Written on the ring's surface is "Happy Birthday Lauren!"
You can check it out in the video below.
- Bloodborne review: scarlet letter
- The Legend of Zelda Wii U delayed beyond 2015, skipping E3
- Wrestlemania 31: a beginner's guide to the biggest wrestling event of the year
- Teenage Minecraft player admits to orchestrating three swattings
- See how Interstellar's best characters, TARS and CASE, were made
- Polygon Daily: X (Friday, March 27)
- How much time do you spend creating your in-game character?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, No. 10 – Going to the (Pokemon) Movies
- Polynauts Play: Bloodborne
- Questions about Bloodborne? Ask them here!
- Project Spark = Microsoft Infinity?
- 'Gon Hunting: The Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Gadabout
- Cities: Skylines -- Is this something you'd want?
- Polygon Daily: 2+1=EOW (Thursday, March 26)
- Protagonists in Peril: Batgirl, Art and Assuming the Worst