Bungie first hinted at the existence of the Easter Egg in 2012 when the company's Jon Cable confirmed he found it in the game's code, noting it only rears its head on a specific day.
Programmer Adrian Perez later revealed the Easter Egg was a loading screen dedicated to his wife as a birthday gift.
Now the process for accessing the Easter Egg has finally been worked out, according to users at TeamBeyond. According to the website, if you press down on both thumbsticks during the loading screen on Dec. 25, you will be shown a wider view of the Halo ring. Written on the ring's surface is "Happy Birthday Lauren!"
You can check it out in the video below.
- GDC 2015: News, panels, talks and more, live from San Francisco
- Building galaxies in Star Citizen's expanding universe
- World of Warcraft without subscriptions is coming, here's how it works
- Nick and Phil play Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Part 4
- Paradox's first console game is an action RPG custom-made for couch co-op
- Polygon Off-Topic Daily: GDC ALL DAY (Monday Mar. 2)
- Hey Polynauts, what is your job?
- 'Gon Hunting: The Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Gadabout
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, No. 9 – Web Comics Special Part Deux
- "Taint by Association"
- Who is your favorite superhero/villain and why?
- The Pull List #3: Queen Of The Rats
- Pokegon Discussion - Mareep is cute
- Weekend at Polygon's: Off-Topic: Persoulna ( Sat/Sun 28/2 - 1/3 )