Bungie first hinted at the existence of the Easter Egg in 2012 when the company's Jon Cable confirmed he found it in the game's code, noting it only rears its head on a specific day.
Programmer Adrian Perez later revealed the Easter Egg was a loading screen dedicated to his wife as a birthday gift.
Now the process for accessing the Easter Egg has finally been worked out, according to users at TeamBeyond. According to the website, if you press down on both thumbsticks during the loading screen on Dec. 25, you will be shown a wider view of the Halo ring. Written on the ring's surface is "Happy Birthday Lauren!"
You can check it out in the video below.
- Star Wars Celebration: The Force Awakens this week
- April 17, 2015: Apple Watch, Sharknados, sales, Guitar Hero, Phil Harrison, Star Wars Battlefront
- Dark Souls 2 review update 2: Scholar of the First Sin
- First details on Star Wars Battlefront, the new shooter from the Battlefield team
- In fight against spammers, Steam now restricts accounts until users show hard cash
- Feature Request: Filter to remove editorials from 'editor x'
- Polygon Daily: STAR WARZ HYPE YALL! Friday, April 17, 2015
- There's an Xbox System Beta? I want in on that.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, No. 11 - We're Going to Space
- Polygon's Destiny Thread for the week of April 14
- Polynauts Play: Bloodborne
- Going current-gen for Mortal Kombat X? (Netcode, competitive viability questions.)
- A Reader's Bloodborne Review: Reincarnated Soul
- Polygon Daily Return of the Mack - Thursday, 16 April
- 'Gon Hunting: The Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Gadabout