Pokémon doesn't end when you beat the Elite Four and the Champion. Actually, that's when the game truly begins.
Here are some of my favorite tutorials from around the web that will take your game-play to the next level.
Get into competitive battling
- Start with the perfect level 1 Pokémon by breeding at the Pokémon Daycare. I love this comprehensive guide on breeding from Bulbapedia.
- Then hone your training skills with this IV and EV training guide via Reddit u/LadyEevee
- Learn some advanced competitive move combinations and tricks in this guide at Strategy Wiki.
- There are a ton of really specific competitive setups listed in this competitive training guide from Smogon University that are still applicable today. Smogon, like a lot of other Pokémon communities online, have forums where you can get your competitive team rated by other competitive trainers.
- Test out your team at the Pokémon Maison and the Battle Institute.
Gotta catch 'em all!
- Learn about Friend Safari in this guide by Bulbapedia.
- Want to catch some shiny Pokémon? Check out this Pokémon X&Y Chaining Tutorial - Via Reddit u/Cpctheman
- Reddit user Bobdor made a map of where to catch 'em all for Pokémon X&Y— and for that we thank him.
- Find all the Mega Stones from X&Y to see all the mega evolutions with this thorough guide by Games Radar.
Prep for the next gen game
Sorting Pokémon in those PC boxes is the worst part of the game for me. No automatic sorting options, no batch relocations. If you have a lot of Pokémon, I recommend Pokémon Bank. Here's a simple tutorial on how to use the Pokémon Bank and also some of the restrictions by Nintendo Life.
Do you have a favorite tutorial? Share it with us in the comments.