Next week, the producers of The Players' Score: A Videogame Music Documentary will arrive on Kickstarter hoping to fund a feature-length documentary exploring video game music.
Scheduled for release sometime in 2015, the documentary is being produced by independent filmmakers Kory Caldwell and Keaton Slansky. The documentary will contain interviews with composers, including:
- Danny Barranowsky (The Binding of Isaac, Super Meat Boy)
- Norihiko Hibino (Metal Gear, Bayonetta)
- Hiroki Kikuta (Koudelka, Secret of Mana, Shining Hearts)
- Manami Matsumae (Mega Man, Shovel Knight)
- Austin Wintory (The Banner Saga, Journey)
Jake "virt" Kaufman (Double Dragon Neon, DuckTales Remastered, Shovel Knight) will compose the soundtrack.
Caldwell and Keaton began filming in July 2014 and are taking the documentary to Kickstarter to fund more interviews that will span the globe from Europe to Japan and North America.
Check out the video above and the audio below for sneak peeks at The Players' Score: A Videogame Music Documentary. Before the Kickstarter campaign launches, you can also learn more about the proposed film at its official website.