Fallout 4 is just about to crest the horizon and Bethesda is laying the merchandising on thick. Along the way, they're dropping some clues about how the game will look and play. Lay your eyes on these preview pages from a limited edition of the upcoming The Art of Fallout 4, available for pre-order now.
Only 5,000 copies will be made, and each will include the following:
- A fully printed slipcase featuring wrap-around image of the Power Armor on metallic paper and soft touch lam, for a 'metal' look.
- Hardcover soft touch art book with debossing, gloss, and black gilding features.
- Black cloth portfolio that holds an original exclusive full-color archival printed 9" x12" mini lithograph with digital signature of Ray Lederer, concept artist from Bethesda.
- 382 total pages, which includes a 16-page Art Gallery Section with full size in-game artwork and text from the Bethesda team only available in the Limited Edition!
- Includes a redemption code for digital copy of the regular edition of The Art of Fallout 4 regular edition (a $29.99 value.)
While they're a bit low resolution for wallpaper, they clearly show some of the amazing concept art and 3D modeling work that went into the game. First up is the Pip-Boy, showing not only the rear view but also a shot at the interior — the part that makes contact with the user's arm. Also in here are gorgeous renderings of in-game power armor, Mr. Handy and other robotic nasties.
You'll also find several pages of concept art for weapons, including some painfully large melee items. The set is rounded out with some of the retro-futuristic, neo-50's design the series is famous for.
Fallout 4 will be released on Nov. 10.