Welcome to the inaugural episode of Minimap, Polygon's daily podcast where we cover the the biggest and most interesting news about video games, related technologies and culture.
Minimap is designed to be a short, quick and informative burst of news. We'd love if you subscribed on iTunes and made us part of your daily routine.
For the last couple of weeks, we've been silently making test episodes and stockpiling them. So, as a little incentive for subscribing, you can listen to the very first episodes of what became Minimap. Think of those as Minimap's Beta. We even recorded a jumbo episode to cover some of the biggest news from GDC last week, with stories about Destiny, No Man's Sky and Rock Band 4.
Today, we're launching Minimap officially, and you can hear the first episode below. We'd love to know what you think in the comments.
Here's what we're covering today:
THE BIGGEST NEWS
- ESRB explains why Arkham Knight is Batman's first M-rated game
- Apple Watch ships April 24, here are the details and prices
- The game some people are paying to help finish
- Cop slain after gun battle inside GameStop
THE BEST OF THE REST
- HBO Now streaming service to launch in April on Apple devices and PC for $14.99 a month
- Watch Crota, Destiny's baddest boss, killed by one man ... with no guns
- The five things you absolutely need to know about VR right now
- Thor and the Avengers hit SNL ready to party
- The story of Yars' Revenge is a journey back to a lost world of video games