Brace yourselves. April Fools' Day is fully upon us and Blizzard, whose résumé is rather robust on this over the years, has just weighed in with patch notes for Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft "version 188.8.131.525."
Among the gems:
- After many bouts with brain freeze, Snowchugger now eats snow at a more reasonable rate.
- We've fixed a bug with Animal Companion that sometimes caused the spell to not summon Huffer.
- After sensitivity training, Ancient of Lore, Ancient of War and Ancient Mage will now be known as Senior Citizen of Lore, Senior Citizen of War and Harold respectively.
- Snowchugger is now an 8/8 because it's too cute and people are not taking it seriously enough.
- Call Pet card text now reads, "Hello, this is dog."
There's also a "painstaking HD update" of the classic Hearthstone card back — probably the one thing from this list that actually is in the game. See it below!
It's going to be a very, very long day in video gaming. We'll be rounding it all up shortly and pointing out the best gags, the usual suspects and the just plain shit.