Crypt of the NecroDancer is scooting its way out of Early Access to an April 23 Steam release, the developer announced this week.
Press play above to watch the game's release trailer, which shows Crypt of the NecroDancer developer Brace Yourself Games' bizarre and creative mix of influences. Those span from action to rhythm games with roguelike elements, delivered in deliberately difficult dungeons.
Here's what the final Steam release for Linux, Mac and Windows PC will have, according to the developer:
- The final zone (zone 4) has been added, with a whole host of new enemies, traps, secrets, and minibosses
- Unique final boss battles for the main characters: Cadence, Melody, and Aria
- Story cinematics for Cadence, Melody, and Aria, after completing each zone
- One additional insanely difficult character: Coda
- 10+ more achievements
- A new "technique trainer" lobby NPC who helps teach the game's higher-level techniques
- Some musical surprises we can't yet reveal!
- And, of course, a bunch of polish, balance tweaks, and bug fixes
For more on Crypt of the NecroDancer, be sure to read our interview with Brace Yourself Games, which tells the story of how the game's heroine was inspired by Hayao Miyazaki's characters.