The Star Wars Digital Movie Collection, a downloadable bundle of all six Star Wars movies, goes on sale globally starting April 10, according to the official Star Wars site.
The bundle comes with an assortment of extras and if you buy it through Xbox Video you can also pick up an R2-D2 avatar companion and some digital pinball tables.
"Since the debut of the first film nearly 40 years ago, Star Wars has become a worldwide phenomenon with legions of fans from every generation," Alan Bergman, president, The Walt Disney Studios, said in a prepared statement. "It's only fitting that audiences enjoy this legendary saga and its many fascinating behind-the-scenes stories on a wide variety of platforms, and we're very excited to finally bring all six films to Digital HD for the first time."
The movies each come with their own bits of bonus material. Here's the complete rundown:
Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Conversations: Doug Chiang Looks Back
- Discoveries From Inside: Models & Miniatures
- Legacy content includes "The Beginning"; The Podrace: Theatrical Edit; plus eight deleted scenes.
Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Conversations: Sounds In Space
- Discoveries From Inside: Costumes Revealed
- Legacy content includes "From Puppets To Pixels: Digital Characters In Episode II"; State Of The Art: The Previsualization Of Episode II; and "Films Are Not Released, They Escape"; plus Episode II Visual Effects Breakdown Montage and six deleted scenes.
Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Conversations: The Star Wars That Almost Was
- Discoveries From Inside: Hologram & Bloopers
- Legacy content includes documentaries "Within A Minute: The Making Of Episode III"; The Journey Part 1; and The Journey Part 2; plus six deleted scenes.
Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (20th Century Fox)
- Conversations: Creating A Universe
- Discoveries From Inside: Weapons & The First Lightsaber
- Legacy content includes "Anatomy Of A Dewback"; Star Wars Launch Trailer; plus eight deleted scenes.
Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Conversations: The Lost Interviews
- Discoveries From Inside: Matte Paintings Unveiled
- Legacy content includes "A Conversation With The Masters" (2010); "Dennis Muren: How Walkers Walk"; "George Lucas On Editing The Empire Strikes Back1979"; and "George Lucas On The Force: 2010"; plus six deleted scenes.
Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Conversations: The Effects
- Discoveries From Inside: The Sounds Of Ben Burtt
- Legacy content includes "Classic Creatures: Return Of The Jedi"; "Revenge Of The Jedi Teaser Trailer"; Return Of The Jedi Launch Trailer; "It Began TV Spot"; "Climactic Chapter TV Spot"; plus five deleted scenes.
The collection will be available through a number of download services including Google Play, iTunes and Xbox Video.
If you pick up the movies through Xbox you'll also receive a tiny digital R2-D2, via Xbox Live avatar companion, and the Star Wars Pinball Pack for the free-to-play game Pinball FX 2 for Xbox One or Xbox 360. In addition, Disney is offering an exclusive Star Wars featurette on Xbox Video for pre-purchasing the Saga. Buyers will receive an exclusive early look at the bonus material included in the Star Wars Digital Movie Collection on April 6.
Update: Stores are starting to show the pre-order prices this morning. You can pick the movies up individually for $19.99 each on iTunes or Google Play. And as a bundle on Google Play for $89.99 or $99.99 on Xbox Video.